About the Job
At Redwave Technologies, we focus on developing state of the art chemical identification technology with applications in homeland security and defense. We are a very lean, dynamic organization with a proven history of success in this marketplace. We offer a challenging, fast-growing but family-focused environment where individual employees will be afforded the opportunity to have a significant impact on the growth and success of the company.
We are seeking a hardworking and people-oriented person to develop in-depth knowledge of our products. This position will report to the director of customer support and training located in Danbury, CT. As part of our team, you will be a critical go-to for working knowledge and application of FTIR spectroscopy and other chemical identification techniques such as Raman spectroscopy or mass spectroscopy. This position will also support the product development team and be expected to develop/execute test plans demonstrating the performance and application of prototypes and products for both internal and external publication.
- Chemical and real-life testing of new/current equipment/software
- Work on new applications for current and future products
- Provide support/training for internal sales team
- FTIR Spectral Library Development and Maintenance
- Product development support
- 1-2 years experience
- Operational knowledge of FTIR spectrometers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering (Organic Chemistry required)